This is mostly for my reference but if it helps someone else great! 🙂
- Create Exchange Shared Mailbox
- Add alias to Shared Mailbox
- Create Email enabled Contact (instructions not included)
- Forward Shared Mailbox
Exchange: Create Shared Mailbox
- Go toRecipients > Shared > Add .
- Fill-in the required fields:
- Display name
- Email address
- To grant Full Access or Send As permissions, clickAdd , and then select the users you want to grant permissions to. You can use the CTRL key to select multiple users. Confused about which permission to use? See Which permission should you use? later in this topic.
- No Need to set permissions
- ClickSave to save your changes and create the shared mailbox.
Exchange: Add Alias to Shared Mail Box
- Navigate to Exchange admin center > recipients > shared
- Select Shared Mailbox then Click edit
- Click email address
- Click plus
- Enter email (ie email@example.com)
- Click ok
- Click Save (Now you can send email to that user)
Exchange: Forward Shared Mailbox
- Login to your office 365 portal; then go to this URL outlook.office365.com/ecp
- Click “recipients” from the left and “shared” tab from the right; then double click to open the shared mailbox you want to forward email from
- Click “mailbox features” from the left side and scroll down the window, then click View details under “Mail flow”
- Now Check “Enable forwarding” and browse the user name where you want to forward the email to; choose other options as per your convenience. Click Ok then Save.